2010-08-02

How's that for a start?

Kewl. Sometimes it seems to pay off being gullible and industrious at the same time. Just a few minutes before my lunch break would have split another boring day of unsexy IT stuff, I got an anonymous call.

Yes, I am obliged to answer anonymous calls, it has been more than once that an angry road warrior called from hell knows where just to inform me "My VPN ain't workin' - fix that, dumbass! Pronto!" You know, that's the times when you love your job the most!

Today it was different. I got a call by a nice guy who was ever so polite and caring, I simply couldn't resist listening to his generous offer. Guess what? He wanted to help me make buckets of money without any physical work being involved. That sounded exactly like a deal for me.

He promised to provide me with information to prove the deal was real and really lucrative. So he did. He sent me two beautifully crafted pdf files, one introducing the "Okuma Group", a team of "skilled, talented and qualified professionals who
all hail from major investment management firms"
on one hand and the share they wanted to offer me on the other.

Some cursory googling raised no serious suspicions, so I promised to take a look at the docs and await their call tomorrow.

Money, money, money - here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment