2010-08-31

Delta Continental - A new Fraud-Star is born!

Perhaps you wonder why I was quiet for such a long time? Well, er, let's put it that way: There are certain kinds of sport which are preferably for young people...

At least blogging is suitable for elderly people and now that i have reclaimed my hands, I can devote the very post post to a completely new and fresh fraudster business.



The other day I got another anonymous cold call, this time claiming to originate from a company named Delta Continental. No, these two airlines have not yet merged, Delta Continental claims to be "pure play brokerage and investment management firm devoted to bringing our clients pioneering financial solutions." (*yawn*). I think I remember when I smelled that one before...

A quick google will shed some light:

http://www.google.com/search?q=deltacontinental+press

Yesss! It's the same useless free-press-shit we already found connected to the old farts at Okuma Group, Dai-Ichi Securities and Sakura Financial Group. Some things are different though.

Firstly, the domain is old! It has been created 2005-05-16 and there's real people's names in the contact section! It looks like they have repeated their Paragon-GPS stunt and acquired an existing domain to appear even more inconspicuous. Yet, there is no site to be found in the waybackmachine.

All the rest of this fraudulent business has not changed a bit. They offer Amylin Pharmaceuticals (this company of course does exist)  shares at an amazingly low price but the payment has to be done through an offshore clearing agent, blabla, bullshit! We heard that all before.

Whoever googled for delta continental and found this, please do yourself and me two favors:

1. Do not sent any money to these buttwipes. You will never never never see that again.
2. Drop me a note if you have been contacted. You can do that by either commenting on this post or sending me an email (look at my profile, use a fake account, I don't care).

I'll keep you updated (unless I break my hands again, that is).

Update: The update  is here! If you post a Comment, I would greatly appreciate if you could give me a rough estimation where you're from (Country would do).

11 comments:

  1. They contact me with bidu shares
    Already buy them for me and now expecting money
    What to do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Branko,

    this is VERY easy. DO NOT send them any money! They have bought NOTHING and if you transfer teh money to them (via some dubious transfer agent somewhere), you will still own NOTHING.

    A Friend of mine found this way out: When the guy called to help him "fill out the forms", he said he was still waiting for the money from the internet lottery where he won 500.000 Pounds but there were complications with the couriers delivering it.

    After that, they never called him again.

    Once again: DO NOT send them any money. They are gangsters. They won't harm you if you don't pay, but if you do, you will lose whatever you give to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, they contacted me to. Thank you for your blog, you save me a lot, lot, lot of maney.
    They contacted me with BIDU shares too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... I have send money ... Where could I find their name to sh.t them ? Do you know who they are ?

    Any reco on how can I get it back ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, my friend, you're completely out of luck. IMHO there is no way to get that money back. These guys are doing that business for years and have not been caught so far. They're assholes, no doubt, but smart ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Branko & Anonymous on 15 October, 2010 21:03, lets pin this british people! We will catch them soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will find them. Any information is wellcome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been Scammed too, But thank God not the full amount, So I learn my lesson and feel happy and lucky with the small amount that I lost... Keep us updated if anything...Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think one can find them at the following:

    Delta Continental

    18th Floor, One Exchange Square
    8 Connaught Place Central,
    Hong Kong
    Phone: +852 3019 9438
    Phone: +852 3019 9475
    Fax: +852 3017 0221

    ReplyDelete
  10. I paid 5000 USD...
    what I was thinking...
    I am a seller, but they talking great, you can say to them 100 I am not interested, but somegow they took my money.
    i brouhgt Clean Harbour (CLH). And stock is growing :)
    I am from Lithuania

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know where they work!

    ReplyDelete